As the world faces its first pandemic in living memory, it is the most vulnerable communities with little or no access to healthcare who will face the greatest consequences and lives lost. Humanitarian organisations therefore have a collective responsibility to urgently prepare the local communities, partners and organisations who make up to 90% of first responders in any worldwide crisis. With governments in lockdown, borders closed, and airports grounded, humanitarian organisations are reminded once again that we must fulfil a core role of supporting local partners to stand on their own two feet, and that we must collectively work together as enablers in this worldwide crisis affecting us all.
COVID-19 Pandemic Resilience Building:
As part of our 2021 COVID-19 response activities, we will be supporting healthcare organisations and practitioners in low resource settings, focusing on resilience building through delivering a series of COVID-19 webinars, participating in Telemedicine support, offering peer support through a dedicated WhatsApp group, and providing simple, easy to apply COVID-19 patient management flow charts designed for low resource settings. We are currently in conversation with partners in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and India, however our intention is to provide global support as we continue to engage with more healthcare workers.
Educational themes for our webinars will consist of, but are not limited to:
- Clinical management of COVID-19
- Management on COVID-19 resurgence in low resource settings
- COVID-19 Vaccine Education, Uptake and Community Engagement
- Case Management Flow Charts, Care Pathways, and COVID-19 Protocols
- DWW COVID-19 checklists training
Support and mentorship will consist of:
- Supporting low/middle resource frontline workers in Whatsapp groups
- Zoom conference calls for questions and advice in managing COVID-19 response
- One-to-one clinical mentorship via Zoom
With an immediate start date, we are looking for doctors and nurses to help us support this pandemic resilience building initiative. For more info & to register your interest, visit our opportunities page here.